Teledyne Micralyne Inc. is internationally recognized for its unique design and fabrication in Micro Electromechanical Systems (MEMS) technology. With over 30 years of experience and business, Teledyne Micralyne is leading today’s cutting-edge MEMS technology in Canada. Every member of the Teledyne Micralyne team is committed to the following core values: Innovation, Excellence, Integrity and Commitment. Teledyne Micralyne is proud to work with customers as strategic partners towards providing innovative solutions to meet evolving global needs and societal expectations. Teledyne Micralyne is the heart of devices that advance humanity.
ISO9001:2015 and ISO13485:2016 certified.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Manage all Maintenance resources to ensure that all tools are maintained and run in a safe and efficient manner.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Hire, train and supervise maintenance staff to support MEMS fabrication
- Working in conjunction with Operations, plan, organize and prioritize maintenance activities on semiconductor equipment to support production of MEMS products
- Oversee the installation, maintenance and repair of semiconductor equipment required for production
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, provincial, and municipal laws, regulations, statutes, and codes; securing all required permits; and coordinating with appropriate local authorities
- Work closely with Process Engineering to ensure tools are capable of needed processes for MEMS production and new prototypes
- Develop a culture of excellence in your team with a foundation of 5S
- Work to develop a systematic approach to maintenance of tools through the use of concepts from Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM)
- Identify and mitigate common tool failure modes with the use of Tool Failure Modes Effect Analysis (TFMEA)
- Leadership – Proven leadership, change management, and team building skills.
- Technical aptitude – able to understand and interpret highly technical information.
- Analytical – Collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Initiative – Pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills of self and team members.
- Initiative – Seeks increased responsibilities; asks for and offers help when needed.
- Interpersonal skills – A professional demeanor, a high level of confidence in the workplace, excellent listening, and collaboration skills.
- Highly organized, solution-oriented, aptitude for multitasking and the ability to work in a fast-paced technical environment.
- Project Management – Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; able to read and interpret written and numerical information. Impeccable grammar and professional writing skills.
- Teamwork – Gives and welcomes feedback; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed; good negotiation skills.
- Software skills – Microsoft Suite, Adobe Suite, project management software. Ability to quickly learn new software applications.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; supports organization’s goals and values.
- Judgment – Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Motivation – Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Professionalism – Reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Completes work in a timely manner; strives to increase productivity.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Innovation – Generates suggestions for improving work and processes.
- Independence – able to work without direct supervision and meet KPIs as required.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures including using Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required and wearing company issued badge when on company property; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and material properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
Require completion of a college or university program in maintenance management or an equivalent combination of technical training and experience in administration of maintenance
Preference to individuals with Maintenance Management Professional (MMP) Certification from PEMAC or Certified Maintenance & Reliability Professional (CMRP) program
5-7 years of supervisory experience in maintenance role preferred.
How To Apply