Micralyne Inc. is internationally recognized for its unique design and fabrication in Micro Electromechanical Systems (MEMS) technology, with over 30 years of experience and business Micralyne is leading today’s cutting edge MEMS technology in Canada. Every member of the Micralyne team is committed to the following core values: Innovation, Excellence, Integrity and Commitment. Micralyne is proud to work with customers as strategic partners towards providing innovative solutions to meet evolving global needs and societal expectations.
Company Operation Name- Micralyne Inc.
Business Address- 1911 94th Street Edmonton, AB Canada T6N 1E6
Job Title- Equipment Technologist
Job Duties- Responsible for providing complete support to specified work centers at Micralyne Inc., including lithography and bonding, CVD/etch/furnaces, metal plating, wet processing, dicing, back-end and assembly.
- Prime interface for communications to operations staff, engineering support staff and engineers for specified work centers
- Work both in a team environment to provide effective support throughout the manufacturing facility, and independently on assigned projects
- First level trouble shooting of all issues within assigned work centre
- Provide training to Operations staff within assigned work centers
- Escalation of required resources to effect timely repairs/reduce down time
- Provide emergency coverage and support as necessary to other work centers
- Lead by example in work habit, time management, productivity, quality and safety
- Communicate effectively with team members, staff in other areas, and other shifts
- Ensure all work performed adheres to quality procedures, plans, and instructions while minimizing risks and hazards in the working area
- Promote quality excellence and best practices
- Stimulate a positive work attitude, quality-consciousness, and job pride for team members
- Participate in discussions, demonstrate professionalism in communication to support the execution of actions once decision is made
- Decide when additional resources are needed to maintain or repair equipment
Number of Positions- One.
Reports To- Facilities & Maintenance Manager
Type of Employment- Permanent Full Time (37.5/ hours per week)
Salary- Yearly Salary Range per year based on experience.
Benefits- Upon successful completion of 3 month probationary period you will be eligible for company benefits including Health, Dental, and Vision. Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, and Life Insurance also available.
Relocation package will be considered for qualified candidates.
Education Required- Appropriate Technical diploma and or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with appropriate work experience
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience
- Strong troubleshooting skills in electrical/electronic/
pneumatic/mechanical & chemical systems
- RF and microwave power systems knowledge an asset
- Chemical handling/WHMIS/TDG
- Clean room familiarity an asset
- Semiconductor or MEMS experience desirable
Job Type: Full-time
Points of Contact:
Roz Walsh, Human Resources Coordinator
Phone: 780:431:4400 extension 2272