Company Operation Name: Teledyne Micralyne, Inc.
Business Address: 1911 94th Street Edmonton, AB Canada T6N 1E6
Job Title: Process Technician
Work in a team environment to deliver products that meet quality and cost targets in a manufacturing setting. Follow standard operating procedures to ensure quality and safety.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform assigned work, while adhering to quality standards operating procedures,
- Work as part of a team to meet targets, to ensure quality, on time delivery, as well as, profitability while following environmental health & safety standards,
- Perform routine calibrations, qualifications and set ups to ensure production equipment and standard processes are operational and are performing at specified levels,
- Manage time and equipment usage efficiently to meet production targets,
- Facilitate teamwork within and across shifts,
- Stimulate a positive work environment that focuses on quality and best practices,
- Demonstrate professional conduct in the workplace, leading with excellent work habits, time management, productivity, quality and a high level of safety awareness,
- Identify opportunities for improvement in efficiency, profitability, material utilization, and tool usage,
- Communicate with Production Manager and other team members on issues that affect safety, quality, delivery and cost,
- Assist with improving applicable work instructions, safety procedures, and related quality documentation,
- Assist with applicable process development and CI (Continuous Improvement) projects.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; works well in individual problem-solving situations.
- Technical Skills – Pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills of self and team members.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; able to read and interpret written and numerical information.
- Teamwork – Gives and welcomes feedback; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; supports organization’s goals and values.
- Motivation – Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism – Reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Completes work in a timely manner; strives to increase productivity.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures including using Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required and wearing company issued badge when on company property; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and material properly.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Initiative – Seeks increased responsibilities; asks for and offers help when needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Technical diploma in Nanotechnology Systems, or equivalent is an asset,
- High school diploma or GED may also be considered.
- working in a technical manufacturing environment,
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills,
- Experience working in a clean room environment is an asset,
- Ability to work in a team and demonstrates leadership qualities,
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Reports to: Production Manager
Type of Employment: Temporary, Part-time
Hours of Work: Variable, based on business needs. Hours may vary from; daytime, evening and night
Salary: $15.30 hourly
Points of Contact:
Erin Robinson, Human Resources Coordinator