Micralyne Inc. is internationally recognized for its unique design and fabrication in Micro Electromechanical Systems (MEMS) technology, with over 30 years of experience in the business, Micralyne is leading today’s cutting edge MEMS technology in Canada. Every member of the Micralyne team is committed to the following core values: Innovation, Excellence, Integrity and Commitment. Micralyne is proud to work with customers as strategic partners towards providing innovative solutions to meet evolving global needs and societal expectations.
Company Operation Name: Micralyne Inc.
Business Address: 1911 94th Street Edmonton, AB Canada T6N 1E6
Job Title: Buyer
Job Duties: Responsible for managing day-to-day activities in the Supply Chain area, which involves the following responsibilities:
- Prepare and issue Request-For-Quotes (RFQ’s)
- Review and process Purchase Requisitions
- Provide Supply Chain input to product reviews
- Analyze bids and award recommendations
- Able to work independently and within a team
- Liaise between Quality Assurance, Inventory Control, Production, and Development
- Maintain an organized schedule, and plan in advance
- Review vendor performance through management of Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)/ problems/ billings/ resolutions
- Demonstrate proficiency in Excel, Word and Office products
- Exhibit high level of communication skills, including phone and email
- Some travel as required
Number of Positions: One.
Reports To: Supply Chain Manager
Type of Employment: Permanent Full Time (37.5/ hours per week)
Salary: Yearly Salary Range per year based on experience.
Benefits: Upon successful completion of 3 month probationary period you will be eligible for company benefits including Health, Dental, and Vision. Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, and Life Insurance also available.
- Degree in Materials Management, or equivalent degree/ diploma
- Member of APICS, or working towards certification
- Member of SCMA or working towards designation
- Minimum 3 years in a purchasing/ buyer role
- Experience with high tech or repetitive manufacturing environment would be an asset
Points of Contact:
Roz Walsh, Human Resources Coordinator
Phone: 780-431-4400 extension 2272