Teledyne Micralyne Inc.
1911 94th Street Edmonton, AB Canada T6N 1E6
Our products are at the heart of devices that advance humanity. Teledyne Micralyne Inc. is a leading global developer and manufacturer of Micro Electromechanical Systems (MEMS) providing MEMS and sensors solutions to companies globally. We are at the leading edge of solutions for applications that are surging: IoT; biomedical devices; optical connectivity and industrial controls.
Our business is growing, and we are adding talent to our engineering team. We are currently looking for someone passionate about microfabrication, wants a career in MEMS, and has the strengths to start in a role as Project Manager.
As a Project Manager, you will be accountable for planning and executing projects to develop MEMS products for our customers. You will coordinate cross-functional project teams for complex and challenging projects that are going to stretch you, give you opportunities to use your current skills, and develop new skills.
Your career with us will be challenging and rewarding with opportunities to learn and develop, professionally and personally, through on-the-job experiences as well as professional development initiatives. Possible roles for you after Project Manager could be in one of our technical engineering teams: Process Engineering, Product Engineering, New Product Introduction. If you love MEMS, we want to hear from you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the execution of development programs to transfer customer prototypes to manufacturing,
- Maintains a quality-first mindset to shorten product development timelines,
- Delivers prototyping projects on time, within budget, and with high quality,
- Coordinates cross-functional teams of engineers and scientists,
- Ensures that project teams are cohesive, effective, and productive,
- Keeps the plant management team fully informed and in full control of projects:
- Monitors and updates schedules daily within the in-house project management software,
- Recommends options to management team as soon as issues are discovered,
- Reports project challenges, successes, progress, and forecast to management team weekly,
- Recognizes scope changes, communicates to the account manager, negotiates options with customers, and obtains approval for purchase order and budget revisions,
- Consistently communicates with sales team and clients to meet clients’ expectations,
- Continuously analyze and risks that impact projects and proactively mitigate those risks,
- Assists sales department with quote generation and approval of sales orders,
- Works with sales team to maintain positive customer relationships and create new opportunities,
- Delivers excellent customer satisfaction and ensures project team meets client needs,
- Consistently communicates with team members to ensure clarity, resolve unforeseen issues, receive task updates, and address changes,
- Coordinates with engineering, operations, management, and other stakeholders to achieve project goals,
- Ensure project execution and documentation follows the company’s quality system requirements,
- Completes all projects with the highest level of health and safety awareness,
- Ensures project teams follow the quality planning framework (MPQP) and tools to transfer prototypes to manufacturing; key quality tools include PFMEA, measurement systems analysis, design sprints, design review meetings, gate review meetings, control plans, and SPC,
- Plans and hosts business review meetings with customers,
- Facilitates problem solving, design, brainstorming, planning, technical reviews, and meetings,
- Negotiates for staff, budgets, and equipment time to achieve the needs of projects,
- Strives for improvement of project management, engineering methods, quality, lead times, and scrap.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Project Management – Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; able to read and interpret written and numerical information. Impeccable grammar and professional writing skills.
- Highly organized, solution-oriented, aptitude for multitasking and the ability to work in a fast-paced technical environment.
- Interpersonal skills – A professional demeanor, a high level of confidence in the workplace, excellent listening and collaboration skills.
- Teamwork – Gives and welcomes feedback; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed; good negotiation skills.
- Software skills – Microsoft Suite, project management software. Ability to quickly learn new software applications.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; supports organization’s goals and values.
- Judgment – Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Motivation – Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Professionalism – Reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Completes work in a timely manner; strives to increase productivity.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Initiative – Seeks increased responsibilities; asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation – Generates suggestions for improving work and processes.
- Independence – able to work without direct supervision and meet KPIs as required.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures including using Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required and wearing company issued badge when on company property; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and material properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Educational and/or relevant industrial experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Physics or equivalent,
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certificate or equivalent training is an asset
- Project management experience of three years or more (preferred)
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills,
- Ability to work well in a team environment,
- Strengths of leadership and excellent communication.
How to Apply
Please apply here.