|Custom thin film metallization consists of sputtering metal coatings with patterns made to customer specifications. Micralyne routinely deposits a wide variety of films on many different substrate materials (silicon, glass, alumina etc.). Engineers use tri-target sputtering systems to provide consistent film quality and access to custom adhesion, barrier and conductive layers.The target materials available at Micralyne include gold, platinum, silver, aluminum (and alloys), titanium, tungsten (and alloys), tantalum, chromium, and nickel alloys to name a few. Depending on the material selected, thin film sputtered layers can range from 5 nm for adhesion layers to microns for conduction layers. Patterning is done to match customer specifications using wet chemical etch or liftoff techniques.
- Substrates Coated: silicon, SOI, glass, quartz, sapphire, diamond, AlN, alumina, other
- Conductive Layers: gold (Au), copper (Cu), aluminum (Al)
- Barrier Layers: titanium/tungsten (TiW), platinum (Pt), molybdenum (Mo), nickel copper (NiCu), other
- Sputtering Adhesion Layers: chromium (Cr), titanium (Ti), titanium/tungsten (TiW), other
- Resistive Layers: tantalum nitride (TaN)