Teledyne Micralyne Inc. is internationally recognized for its unique design and fabrication in Micro Electromechanical Systems (MEMS) technology. With over 30 years of experience, Teledyne Micralyne is leading today’s cutting-edge MEMS technology in Canada.
Business Address: 1911 94th Street Edmonton, AB Canada T6N 1E6
Reporting to the Sr. Manager of New Product Introduction (NPI) and CI, the Project Manager is responsible for planning and executing projects. Most projects are to move products through the quality planning framework and into production. Other projects may include equipment installation, facilities renovations, or improvement initiatives. The Project Manager is responsible for leading multi-disciplinary teams to achieve the aims of the projects; communicates across the organization project progress, complications, problem solving, and resource coordination; and delivers high quality results on time and on budget.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Deliver high quality output to our customers: Ensure that we adequately plan, resource, and manage projects to meet the short-term and long-term needs of our customers.
• Give our customers an exceptional experience by maintaining a customer-service mentality.
• Manage tasks of cross-functional teams and negotiate their priorities with peers and stakeholders.
• Plan and manage projects to deliver on time.
• Identify resource requirements and work to secure those resources when required by the project plan.
• Plan and take recovery actions when progress is not satisfactory. When needed, escalate recovery actions to higher levels of management to secure the necessary resources.
• Complete projects within budget. Identify potential budget overruns early and negotiate with stakeholders (e.g. management, sales team, customer) to change scope, budget, and/or schedule.
• Keep management fully informed and in full control of all projects.
• Ensure that teamwork is cohesive, effective, and productive.
• Consistently communicate with sales team and the client to meet client’s expectations.
• Assist sales department with quoting generation and approval of sales orders.
• Work with sales team to maintain positive customer relationship to maximize repeat business.
• Frequently and concisely communicate with team members, stakeholders, management, and customers.
• Coordinate with engineering, operations, stakeholders to achieve overall goals.
• Ensure projects follow the Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) framework.
• Maintain ‘Big Picture’ viewpoint to improve Teledyne Micralyne Inc’s safety, profitability, and capability.
• Works with and update in-house project management software daily.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Project Management – Strong knowledge of theoretical and practical aspects of project management.
• Leadership – Proven leadership, change management, and team building skills.
• Highly organized, solution-oriented, aptitude for multitasking and the ability to work in a fast-paced technical environment.
• Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; able to read and interpret written and numerical information. Impeccable grammar and professional writing skills.
• Teamwork – Gives and welcomes feedback; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed; good negotiation skills.
• Software skills – Microsoft Suite, project management software. Ability to quickly learn new software applications.
• Critical Thinking – Recognize and challenge logical fallacies. Create contingency plans.
• Initiative – Pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills of self and team members.
• Interpersonal skills – A professional demeanor, a high level of confidence in the workplace, excellent listening and collaboration skills.
• Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions.
• Ethics – Treats people with respect; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
• Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; supports organization’s goals and values.
• Judgment – Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
• Motivation – Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
• Professionalism – Reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions.
• Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Quantity – Completes work in a timely manner; strives to increase productivity.
• Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Initiative – Seeks increased responsibilities; asks for and offers help when needed.
• Innovation – Generates suggestions for improving work and processes.
• Independence – able to work without direct supervision and meet KPIs as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
• Educational and/or relevant industrial experience;
o Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Physics or equivalent
o Project Management Professional (PMP) certificate preferred
• Project management: 3 years (Required)
• Excellent analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Excellent communications skills
• Experience with JMP statistical analysis software is an asset
• Experience with Failure Mode Effects Analysis is an asset
• Technical experience in semiconductor or MEMS design and development is an asset
Points of Contact:
Erin Robinson, Human Resources Coordinator