Micralyne Inc. is internationally recognized for its unique design and fabrication in Micro Electromechanical Systems (MEMS) technology, with over 30 years of experience and business Micralyne is leading today’s cutting edge MEMS technology in Canada. Every member of the Micralyne team is committed to the following core values: Innovation, Excellence, Integrity and Commitment. Micralyne is proud to work with customers as strategic partners to be the Heart of Devices that Advance Humanity.
Company Operation Name- Micralyne Inc.
Business Address- 1911 94th Street Edmonton, AB Canada T6N 1E6
Job Title- Business Analyst
Job Duties- Responsible for identifying, documenting, and enhancing departmental processes, presenting findings to management and providing proper analysis of current systems for all areas of business. Working with IT to construct/model new analytical systems specific to our company, and analyze data, identify areas of improvement, trends and forecasting. Control data input into our Manufacturing Execution System (MES) to ensure standardized data can be efficiently extracted to provide information to enhance company efficiencies.
- Maintain current system and identify areas of improvement, including performance, productivity data, margins of error, and root causes
- Organize and facilitate requirements gathering sessions with project stakeholders, team members and end users
- Develop recommendations, and help create new systems specific to the needs of the business
- Run reports, identify trends, create forecasting
- Data analysis within an ERP system
- Present findings to management and IT, liaise with business and technology clients to facilitate the development of requirements and solutions
- Conduct requirement review walkthrough sessions with user experience/design, technology and end users
- Support staff with improvement initiatives, training
Number of Positions- One.
Reports To- Chief Financial Officer
Type of Employment- Permanent Full Time (37.5/ hours per week)
Salary- Negotiable, per year based on experience.
Benefits- Upon successful completion of 3 month probationary period you will be eligible for company benefits including Health, Dental, and Vision. Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, and Life Insurance also available.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent a such as Mathematics/Actuarial etc. Or Diploma in Information Systems will also be considered
- Business Analyst Certification
- Minimum 2-4 years experience in IT or an Operations Analyst role
- Experience writer of User Stories
- Understanding of Agile, Waterfall, BPMN and JAD methodologies
- MES experience, SDLC is an asset
Skills and Abilities-
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong Microsoft Office experience, Excel and SQL
- Experience with PowerBI, PowerApps or similar tools
- Project management experience is an asset
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong organizational, and self regulated time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think strategically
Points of Contact-
Roz Walsh, Human Resources Coordinator