Teledyne Micralyne, part of Teledyne MEMS, is internationally recognized for its unique design and fabrication in Micro Electromechanical Systems (MEMS) technology. With over 30 years of experience, Teledyne Micralyne is leading today’s cutting-edge MEMS technology in Canada.
The Financial Controller plays a key strategic role and is a business partner helping the organization achieve market leadership. In partnership with the senior management team, the Financial Controller helps shape business strategies that align with growth and profitability and driving accountability across the organization through rigor, financial discipline, and transparency. Reporting to the Director of Finance in Bromont, QC, the Financial Controller works in collaboration with the operations and finance teams, as well as build relationships across Teledyne Micralyne Inc. The Financial Controller provides analytical tools to allow senior management to make data-driven decisions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- In collaboration with management team, develops new strategies in maximizing both top line and bottom line.
- Ensures compliance and accuracy in all financial matters for Teledyne Micralyne Inc.
- Manages period end (weekly, monthly, quarterly) processes, ensuring all corporate deadlines are met.
- Prepares ASC 606 revenue calculation (weekly forecast and period end actuals).
- Manages financial records and preparation of management reports
- Manages the annual budget planning and monthly rolling forecast processes.
- Ensures accuracy and completeness of balance sheet accounts.
- Management of cash flow.
- Liaise external and internal audits ensuring compliance for all observations/findings.
- Provides leadership to the finance team at Teledyne Micralyne Inc. by providing guidance and regular feedback.
- Reviews all outgoing quotes to ensure project profitability.
- Manages the Capital Project Requisition (CPR) process ensuring completeness of all necessary documents and analyses prior to submission for approval.
- Ad hoc request (Insurance/Risk, Project Profitability Analyses, Taxes, Corporate Requests, Commissions, etc.).
- A passionate leader that will influence the senior leadership to ensure corporate goals are achieved.
- A strong finance leader that will coach and motivate the finance team.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to address issues and arriving at a solution in a logical manner with supportable data.
- Strong business acumen: ability to interpret financial/management data and execute changes to ensure achievement of strategic goals.
- Excellent time management skills ensuring deadlines are met.
- Compliance oriented.
- Strong computer skills (Advance Excel, etc.) and experienced in using ERP.
- Effective communication skills (both oral and written).
- Ability to articulate financial information in easy-to-understand language to non-financial management team.
- Team player and ability to work with employees at various levels of the organization.
- Reacts well under pressure;
- Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- Accounting designation.
- Master of Business Administration would be an asset.
- Minimum 10 years in a senior accounting, or financial controller role.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Large company reporting experience.
- Experience in US GAAP.
- Experience in working with a geographically dispersed team.
- Experience in manufacturing and/or technology sector.
- Experience working in a fast-growing company through multiple phases of growth.
- Experience working with data platforms, information systems and analytics.
- A proven track record of successful training and development of talented people.
- Experience with SAP S/4 HANA is considered an asset.
How to Apply
Apply for this position.