Teledyne Micralyne Inc. is internationally recognized for its unique design and fabrication in Micro Electromechanical Systems (MEMS) technology. With over 30 years of experience, Teledyne Micralyne is leading today’s cutting-edge MEMS technology in Canada.
Business Address: 1911 94th Street Edmonton, AB Canada T6N 1E6
Reporting to the Facilities & Maintenance Manager, the Equipment Technologist/Technician is responsible for providing support to specified work centers in Teledyne Micralyne’s front and back end operational areas (Lithography & Bonding, CVD/ETCH/Furnaces, Metal, Wet Processing, Dicing, Back End & Assembly).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Prime interface for communications to operations staff and engineering support staff for specified work centers,
• Responsible for complete equipment set within specified work center including:
• Prime Vendor interface,
• Equipment availability / tracking tool status via MES AM,
• Maintaining all documentation (manuals) for stated equipment,
• Sourcing & maintaining all spares inventory for stated equipment,
• Maintaining & updating preventative maintenance procedures, schedules data collection,
• Work effectively with engineering teams to address short and long-term process issues,
• Work both within a team environment to provide effective support throughout the manufacturing facility, as well as, independently on assigned projects,
• Provide training to operations staff within assigned work centers,
• Provide emergency coverage & support as necessary.
• First level trouble shooting of all issues within assigned work center,
• Escalation of required resources (internal & external) to effect timely repairs to reduce tool down time.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Technical aptitude – able to understand and interpret highly technical information.
• Analytical – Collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data.
• Initiative – Pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills of self and team members.
• Interpersonal skills – A professional demeanor, a high level of confidence in the workplace, excellent listening and collaboration skills.
• Highly organized, solution-oriented, aptitude for multitasking and the ability to work in a fast-paced technical environment.
• Project Management – Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently.
• Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; able to read and interpret written and numerical information. Impeccable grammar and professional writing skills.
• Teamwork – Gives and welcomes feedback; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed; good negotiation skills.
• Software skills – Microsoft Suite, Adobe Suite, CRM, project management software. Ability to quickly learn new software applications.
• Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions.
• Ethics – Treats people with respect; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
• Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; supports organization’s goals and values.
• Judgment – Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
• Motivation – Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
• Professionalism – Reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions.
• Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Quantity – Completes work in a timely manner; strives to increase productivity.
• Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Initiative – Seeks increased responsibilities; asks for and offers help when needed.
• Innovation – Generates suggestions for improving work and processes.
• Independence – able to work without direct supervision and meet KPIs as required.
• Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures including using Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required and wearing company issued badge when on company property; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and material properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
• Educational and/or relevant industrial experience;
o Appropriate Associates Degree in Engineering with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience, or
o Appropriate Technical Diploma with minimum 2 years relevant experience,
• Strong troubleshooting skills in electrical/electronic/pneumatic/mechanical & chemical systems,
• RF systems knowledge an asset,
• Vacuum system knowledge an asset,
• Chemical handling / WHIMS / TDG,
• Excellent analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills,
• Ability to work well in a team environment,
• Excellent communications skills,
• Clean room familiarity an asset.
• physically and highly active role;
o able to lift 25kg as needed
o bending, lifting, standing, wriggling into potentially awkward positions, crawling, laying while working
o able to work at heights with the proper personal protective equipment
• working with chemicals
• general office work areas require occasional lifting no more than 5kg, and prolonged sitting
• fabrication areas require ability to lift up to 10kg, prolonged standing, and ability to wear personal protective equipment properly as required
• ability to respond to auditory and visual cues quickly