Micralyne Inc. is internationally recognized for its unique design and fabrication of Micro Electromechanical Systems (MEMS) technology. With over 35 years of experience, Micralyne is leading today’s cutting edge MEMS technology in Canada. Every member of the Micralyne team is committed to the following core values: Innovation, Excellence, Integrity and Commitment. Micralyne is proud to work with customers as strategic partners towards providing innovative solutions to meet evolving global needs and societal expectations. Micralyne is ISO9001:2015 and ISO13485:2016 certified.
Company Operation Name: Micralyne Inc.
Business Address: 1911 94th Street Edmonton, AB Canada T6N 1E6
Job Title: ICT Manager
Job Duties: As the ICT Manager, you will be responsible for information and communication technologies (ICT) at Micralyne. You will direct a small team of employee and contract desktop-support, database administration and application specialist resources to support our manufacturing, quality assurance, engineering, and back-office needs. You will evaluate the current state of ICT at Micralyne and ensure systems and processes are in place to maintain stable provision of ICT services. You work with stakeholders and the executive team to understand the impact of Micralyne’s strategic plan on ICT requirements and develop an ICT Roadmap that will direct the company’s ICT infrastructure, services, and policies for the future.
Your ability to solve complex issues, troubleshoot software and infrastructure challenges; as well as participate in new employee systems orientation and ongoing employee training will help Micralyne achieve long term growth goals.
Duties and expectations include:
- Manage current systems/software/hardware and their associated vendor licenses
- Provide ICT guidance to the executive team; detailing the ICT Roadmap and managing its planning, budgeting and execution.
- Manage and participate in the design, development, configuration, testing, implementation and training of new technology applications
- Manage outsourced IT services
- Maintain business continuity by ensuring backup and disaster recovery measures are in place for all systems
- Ensure that security tools and policies are in effect and enforced
- Provide ICT department team leadership.
- Foster a positive environment among your team and encourage excellent customer service relationships between your team and the rest of the Micralyne organization.
- Train new staff in the ICT department and conduct staff performance evaluations according to HR policies.
- Demonstrate excellent project management skills, effectively coordinate meetings, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines
- Demonstrate professionalism at all times with a positive attitude on the job or whenever representing Micralyne Inc.
- Share responsibility of emergency on call, 24 hour support for IT emergencies
Number of Positions: One.
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer.
Type of Employment: Permanent Full Time.
Salary: Negotiable based on experience and education.
Benefits: Upon successful completion of 3 month probationary period you will be eligible for company benefits including Health, Dental, and Vision. Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, and Life Insurance also available.
Education Required: Bachelors’ degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Minimum 8 years experience in the industry
- Minimum 4 years experience in a management role
- Micralyne has a wide range of operating systems, software versions and hardware generations on account of our extensive array of manufacturing equipment and our testing and manufacturing execution systems. Technical expectations include the following:
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server database support, configuration and backups is required.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows from XP through current versions is required.
- Experience with VMWare/ vCenter/ vSphere virtualization technology is required.
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory and Internet Information Services is required.
- Experience with Vulnerability Management tools is required.
- Experience with Network Configuration is required (elements such as DNS, DHCP, firewall configuration, physical and virtual network infrastructure configuration).
- Experience with RedHat Linux is an asset
- Familiarity with the versioning and installation of the Java Runtime Environment and Web Start based applications is an asset.
- Experience with ERP software such as Microsoft Dynamics SL an asset
- Experience with MES software such as Eyelit MES an asset
- Gmail for business experience is an asset
- Scripting and Automation experience on Windows and Unix is an asset
- Understanding of and exposure to IT governance methodologies such as ITIL and COBIT would be an asset
Points of Contact:
Roz Walsh, Human Resources Coordinator
Phone: 780-431-4400 extension 2272