Micralyne Inc. is internationally recognized for its unique design and fabrication in Micro Electromechanical Systems (MEMS) technology, with over 30 years of experience and business Micralyne is leading today’s cutting edge MEMS technology in Canada. Every member of the Micralyne team is committed to the following core values: Innovation, Excellence, Integrity and Commitment. Micralyne is proud to work with customers as strategic partners towards providing innovative solutions to meet evolving global needs and societal expectations.
Company Operation Name- Micralyne Inc.
Business Address- 1911 94th Street Edmonton, AB Canada T6N 1E6
Job Title- IT Manager
Job Duties- As an IT Manager you will in charge of the IT for the company while maintaining a small team. Working with other managers to fulfill the needs of the business within as the representation from the IT side. Engage with all staff on solving complex issues and troubleshooting; as well as participating in new employee orientation and ongoing employee training.
- Manage current systems/ software/hardware
- Manage and participates in design, development, construction, programming, testing, implementation and training of new technology applications
- Able to provide technology support to management team, including on upcoming hardware/software planning, projects, maintenance of current systems
- Able to forecast when upgrade/ new systems are needed and make confident recommendations to management
- Oversee efficiency of all operation systems such as network, server and desktop equipment; obtain necessary licenses
- Assist in training new staff with setting up email/ voicemail and other related IT systems they may require
- Maintain security systems by ensuring back up measures are in place for all systems, and that regular security checks are happening
- High level of organization, time management, and able to multi task
- Manage IT department and supporting roles, demonstrating a high level of interpersonal skills, effective communication, leadership skills, able to work in a team and independently
- Train new staff in IT department of expectations, perform assessments when necessary, work with and foster a team environment amongst the IT department and within the rest of the company
- Excellent project management skills, able to coordinate meetings, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines
- Demonstrate professionalism at all times with a positive attitude on the job or whenever representing Micralyne Inc.
- Shared responsibility of emergency on call, 24 hour support for IT emergencies
Number of Positions- One.
Reports To- Chief Financial Officer
Type of Employment- Permanent Full Time (37.5/ hours per week)
Salary- Negotiable based on experience and education.
Benefits- Upon successful completion of 3 month probationary period you will be eligible for company benefits including Health, Dental, and Vision. Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, and Life Insurance also available.
Education Required- Bachelors’ degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Minimum 8 years experience in the industry
- Minimum 4 years experience in a management role
- Experience with ERP software such as Microsoft Dynamics SL an asset
- Understanding of and exposure to ITIL and COBIT would be an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, and other Microsoft Windows server technologies (IIS, DNS, DHCP)
- Intermediate level technical skills with: Microsoft Operating Systems/ RedHat Linux/ Networking & Firewalls/ Vulnerability Management/ Gmail for business/ VMWare/ vCenter/ vSphere/
- Scripting and Automation is an asset
Points of Contact-
Roz Walsh, Human Resources Coordinator