Providing technical engineering expertise in MEMS process modules to support all departments. Working within a team that provides stable, standard processes for optimization of current production or support of new development projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible technical owner of manufacturing processes
- Develop and optimize unit processes to support next generation MEMS device product development
- Integrate and troubleshoot processes as part of cross-functional team
- Initiate continuous improvement activities designed to improve yield and widen process margins
- Incorporate best known manufacturing methods into early development phase of MEMS products
- Remain compliant with quality standards and promote a culture of quality excellence
- Follow all documentation protocols, and ensure controlled documents are accurate and up to date
- Investigate and disposition non-conformance events related to relevant areas of work
- Qualify new and existing equipment to achieve optimal performance
- Facilitate process transfers from process development to manufacturing
- Liaise with other areas in engineering on module processes to create a smooth transition to manufacturing and rapid effective implementation of the new process and technologies
- Liaise with operators and production supervisors about issues encountered
- Work towards improvement in efficiency, cost and sustainability
- Support other process engineers and staff to create a positive work environment
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical – Collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; works well in individual problem-solving situations.
- Technical Skills – Pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills of self and team members.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; able to read and interpret written and numerical information.
- Teamwork – Gives and welcomes feedback; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; supports organization’s goals and values.
- Judgment – Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Motivation – Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism – Reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Completes work in a timely manner; strives to increase productivity.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures including using Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required and wearing company issued badge when on company property; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and material properly.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Initiative – Seeks increased responsibilities; asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation – Generates suggestions for improving work.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelors’ degree or higher in Engineering or Science with minimum 2 years relevant Photo Lithography processing experience in either the MEMS or semiconductor industry is required
- Working knowledge of all Photolithography technologies, processes and coat, alignment and develop tools.
- Working knowledge of Photolithography quality metrics, tools and their capabilities.
- Basic knowledge of statistical analysis and statistical process control (JMP experience beneficial)
- Working knowledge of Design of Experiments
- Excellent team player
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and adaptable to changing needs
- Creative problem solver
- Able to work in a demanding & dynamic environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communication abilities with all levels of management, employees, and customers
- Other duties assigned by your manager
- Adhere to and practice HR policies
- Adhere to and practice Health and Safety standards
- Adhere to Quality System requirements
- General office work areas require occasional lifting no more than 5 kg, and prolonged sitting
- Fabrication areas require ability to lift up to 10kg, prolonged standing, ability to wear personal protective equipment properly as required and are able to respond to auditory and visual cues quickly
Points of Contact:
Erin Robinson, Human Resources Advisor