Teledyne Micralyne Inc. is internationally recognized for its unique design and fabrication in Micro Electromechanical Systems (MEMS) technology. With over 30 years of experience and business, Teledyne Micralyne is leading today’s cutting-edge MEMS technology in Canada. Every member of the Teledyne Micralyne team is committed to the following core values: Innovation, Excellence, Integrity and Commitment. Teledyne Micralyne is proud to work with customers as strategic partners towards providing innovative solutions to meet evolving global needs and societal expectations. Teledyne Micralyne is the heart of devices that advance humanity.
ISO9001:2015 and ISO13485:2016 certified.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
The goal of development engineering is to get products into production much faster than products reach end-of-life. The Product Engineer/Scientists is the technical leader of manufacturing products. Helps MEMS projects make the transition from the development phase to manufacturing. Delivers customer satisfaction while controlling quality and cost. Able to work effectively across various manufacturing and business units. Uses a broad range of engineering skills, project management expertise, and stakeholder engagement to meet customer expectations while driving continuous improvement activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the primary technical liaison for assigned production customers
- Perform and frequently update Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA) for products
- Write travelers (product processing instructions) and keep them updated to latest standards
- Collaborate with process engineering team to improve processes
- Drive continuous improvement activities: identify and realize yield improvement, cost reduction, and cycle time reduction
- Manage integrated change control, production yield and cost models
- Provide leadership for managing and communicating risks to stakeholders
- Review production data for excursions and manage corrective actions
- Provide technical assistance in the resolution of manufacturing problems
- Present regular internal reviews of production lines to management
- Apply error proofing methods to reduce failures within engineering work and fabrication
- Establish, study, and monitor statistical process control (SPC) charts for product characteristics
- Continually develop technical skills through training and practice
- Lead formal problem-solving initiatives (Fishbone diagram, Is-Is Not analysis, 8D, A4, PCR)
- Use modern Design of Experiment (DoE) methods for process development, improvement, and problem solving
- Write work instructions and training checklists
- Move products from Pilot to Manufacturing phases of MPQP
- Assist development teams to move prototypes into Pilot phase following MPQP
- Participate in design sprints and design review meetings
- Contribute to process flow diagrams, control plans, product specifications, cost models
- Design process flows with lead time reduction, manufacturability, and quality in mind
- Recommend improvements to product design
- Participate as team member in resolution of major yield or equipment issues
- Technical aptitude – able to understand and interpret highly technical information.
- Analytical – Collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Initiative – Pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills of self and team members.
- Teamwork – Gives and welcomes feedback; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed; good negotiation skills.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; supports organization’s goals and values.
- Motivation – Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Professionalism – Reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Independence – able to work without direct supervision and meet KPIs as required.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures including using Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required and wearing company issued badge when on company property; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and material properly.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelors’ degree or higher in Engineering or Science (required)
- Two or more years of hands-on MEMS or semiconductor fabrication experience (required)
- Proficient knowledge of microfabrication processes (required)
- MEMS design or layout experience (preferred)
- Manufacturing experience (preferred)
- Strong communication skills: technical writing, presenting, oral communication
- Statistical analysis
- Excellent team player
How to Apply
Please apply to position using this link.